The DATASCOPE University
As Tony Buzan (author, and inventor of mind mapping) once said; “Learning how to learn is life's most important skill”. At DATASCOPE we have been searching for the most effective ways to deliver training to our Customers and Partners.
Globally, online training is gaining momentum as one of the key tools in providing good quality, high value training. While online training will never replace the hands-on approach, or the role of a trainer (On-site training), it very successfully complements the learning process.
Some of the compelling reasons to move to online training include:
- Convenience – learn at your own pace when you have the time to log on.
- Eliminate Geographical limitations – whether the learner is in Sydney or Johannesburg, the course can be equally well presented.
- Less travel – travel (be it of our training team or the learners) will always take time and cost money.
- Personalized curriculum – we can tailor your course to what you are required to learn.
- Multimedia – we can present using animation, video, quizzes and interactive activities (even simulated screens and transaction)
- Information Accessibility – the Online University will provide a place where reference material and documentation is always readily accessible at any time.
- Continuous Learning – Learning is a journey and not a destination, online training allows us to provide updated “refresher” courses, to ensure that our learners are always up-to-date with latest developments in the WMS.
- Evaluation of Progress – Online learning gives us the ability to monitor the progress of each learner. As a DATASCOPE Solution Provider (Partner), “Certification” will become a pre-requisite to maintaining your status. As a client, you are able to get a feel for the competency of your employees.
The DATASCOPE University is currently under construction, we have liaised with learning experts in South Africa, as well as abroad, to ensure that our offering will be top-notch. We envisage a DATASCOPE University website run on an LMS (Learning Management System). Various courses and training modules will be geared towards “Training Roles” and these will be continuously updated and revised. We firmly believe that providing this training service will enhance our status as THE premier provider of WMS solutions.
Published in Newsletter Edition 027 - July 2014